TOEFL is a very popular exam that many British universities use for admission purposes. Thus, if you seek to finish your education at a British learning institute you must crack this test. But what is the minimum score you need in this test to study in the country? So, to answer this question today we are going over the minimum TOEFL requirements for Studying in the UK.
Why the UK?
Following are the benefits that you get by going to this stupendous study destination for training/destination:
- For years the country has been holding a high position in the list of the best nations for overseas education.
- British training institutions offer many exemplary specialization programs to students. To learn about the best specialization learning programs that you can pursue at British learning institutes feel free to contact our UK Study Abroad Consultants in India.
- Graduates from British learning institutions get access to phenomenal career/growth opportunities.
- The Quality Assurance Agency in the county makes sure that students only get world-class training at all British universities.
Is It Essential to Appear for the TOEFL Exam for Studying in the UK?
Yes, you must appear for the exam if you plan to pursue your training at a British learning institute. Almost all British universities require students to submit their TOEFL score if they seek to get admission to their courses/programs. However, many British training institutes don’t ask students to give this exam to study in them.
Following are some of the top British learning institutes that accept TOEFL for admission purposes:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- University College London
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- King’s College London
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Bristol
- The University of Warwick
Minimum TOEFL Requirements For Studying in the UK
The minimum score that you must get in the English proficiency exam depends on the course you want to study in the UK. But on average, you must get a score of 80 on the language exam to study at a British learning institution. Following is the minimum TOEFL score that you will need to study at different British learning institutions:
- University of Cambridge: 100
- University of Oxford: 110
- Imperial College London: 92
- University College London: 92
- The University of Edinburgh: 92
- University of Manchester: 72
- King’s College London: 109
- The London School of Economics and Political Science: 100
- University of Bristol: 90
- The University of Warwick: 92
Most British educational institutions use the Test of English as a Foreign Language for admission purposes. However, many British educational institutions also use other exams for admission purposes. Thus, you can always appear for these exams if you don’t want to appear for the TOEFL exam. Following are some of the other popular English assessment exams used by British universities for admission purposes:
- IELTS: 6.5.
- Duolingo: 110
- PTE: 50
- CAE: 162. To learn about the CAE exam in more depth feel free to contact our Overseas Education Consultants.
Now you are aware of the minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language requirements for Studying in the UK. So, make sure you meet these minimum requirements if you seek to study at a British university. If you do this you won’t face any problems in getting admission to the top British universities/schools in the nation.